The Most Noble Thing The Most Noble Thing

The artwork presented, I believe, is of utter brilliance for as the facial and anatomical proportions are greatly represented, and your usage of gradient shading and vibrant colorations is quite notable as well. The transparency of the bow tie is quite an interesting inclusion. May thine art succeed and concur the contest.

BugsAndBooks responds:

Oh my, hello sir,
thank you kindly for your genial words and the utter wonderfulness of those celestial bodies you have so graciously given me.

Right, aside from not accepting that not being a native English speaker makes me a lousy prose writer, I honestly thank you for the lovely feedback.
I'm very happy I've been able to portray this wonderful fellow human in a way others like it :)

May your wishes be fulfilled and your day treasure-laden with countless joys
Rahel

The king of the gods The king of the gods

What you present here is of utter brilliance. The lines are very well drawn, with an excellent variety shown. The high contrast shading and highlighting values functions extremely well. The amount of detail is phenomenal. The usage of a halftone background is of uniqueness. I believe you have created a grand piece of art.

Self Portrait in Oil Self Portrait in Oil

The colors are vibrant, with an excellent variety chosen. The value is quite good, with light reflecting appropriately. The lines and shapes are painted greatly, with a nice variation of such. The proportions, I might add, successfully portrays "you" in a hopefully realistic manner. One minor complaint would be that the background appears to be rather...off. However, on an overall scale, this is an astounding piece.